Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

High Hopes Challenge # 89 and a little something else....

Good morning everyone...
I normally don't create long posts but this one is going to be rather a long one with lots of pic's...so I hope I will be able to keep you with me til the end...lol!!

It's time for the High Hopes Challenge. This weeks challenge is brought to us by
"Sirpaliina"
and she has chosen "Country or Autumn" cards.

I am using these sweet little mice...."Ryan and Ansley" for my card this week along with the "Sunflower Corner" ... "Pumpkin Fall Border" and "Happy Fall" sentiment

I embossed the images with black and painted them with Tombows. I used my Ek Success scallop punch for the border and cut out the sunflower corner for my card pull. I cut out and popped up the flowers they are holding. I also added some flat backed pearls.

I made a "Criss Cross" card and this is the insert of the card.
You can find the directions here.
The papers are from Darcie's.

Be sure to stop by the High Hopes Blog and check out the awesome creations the Diva's have to share with you today!!
I hope you will have time to play along with us this week and remember to use a High Hopes image on your card to qualify for this weeks prize.



....... My project.......
I have been working on this project for a while now and I am finally finished.
The Rubber Room has these amazing chip board Haunted House albums and I just couldn't resist making one up. I'm not a good scrapbooker but I do love chipboard albums.

All of the images have been embossed, coloured and cut out.
I covered the fronts of the album pages with DP from Basic Grey and the inside of the album pages are covered with black linen cardstock.

This is the front cover and I added some hinges to the door and a brad for the door knob. I used vintage photo distress ink on the door and brayered on some glossy accents.
The pumpkin is High Hopes "Pumpkin Treat".


When the door is open you can see "Witchy Poo" sitting there.
The eaves of the roof were done with High Hopes "Zig Zag corner star frame" and for the smaller pieces I used the "Zig Zag star border".


The frames for the pic's are made with an old stamp and I have no idea whose it is. The "Cobwebs" are from Stamps by Judith. The spider is High Hopes "Silly Spider" and he was quite a chore to cut out!!

The ghosts in the window are High Hopes "Boo Crew frame" cut out of the frame and the little ghost trick or treating is High Hopes "Angel Bear Ghost"
The journaling frame is from a tin of chip board frames from my local dollar store.


I hope you are still with me....these are the last pages...lol!!

All the little bats have been cut out from High Hopes "Batty Boo".
The large frame is High Hopes "Zig Zag pumpkin frame" and the small one is High Hopes "Zig Zag" star frame".
In order for the book to open without squashing the roof eaves I used a pair of 1 1/2" book binding rings and tied some Halloween ribbon to them.
Well that's finally it......lots of colouring and cutting but this was a fun album to create!!

I hope you like it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day...

KAREN x

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Karen but the album is amazing what stunning work.
luv
Debby

chris said...

Hi Karen wow wee!! where to start, stunning card, love the layout of it.
and the Album, well its out of this world. something different to look at on every page its amazing. hugs chris xx

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Karen I am speechless girl, that house looks AMAZING!!!!!! OOOOOO sooo spooky and your card is AWESOME!!!! LOVE your post today girl!!! Hugs!

Cathy's Rubber Room said...

Karen, my friend
These are amazing. I love your criss cross card! Your haunted house is fantastic. WOW, WOW, WOW

HUGS
Cathy x

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh my goodness FABULOUS!

Riet said...

So wonderful Karen,I love the image and the coours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Karen W said...

Beautiful creations, I love the card, will save that for a layout idea!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Holy cow girl!! Love your house and your diagonal fold card is spectacular too!! Love the coloring!
hugs,
Chris

Pop's Cards said...

These are so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, hugs Pops x xx

Patti Jo said...

Totally awesome!!! This had to have been so much fun to decorate! Fantastic job Karen!!!

Patti Jo said...

Just love your card too! You are the best at combining colors and paper and especially your coloring!!! Adorable card Karen!!!

Kelly said...

Utterly amazing!!